Hello to new viewers!

Not sure what's going on with this site, but just imagine that I put spaces between paragraphs and inserted photos. Blogger wouldn't let me. Maybe they will later?

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

something about Ireland 2008

Driving along in Ireland, north of Galway, fuschia hedges abound with tiny flowers, red and pink. We wonder about the big split-leafed plants with the tall spikes. There are actually alot of tropical looking plants, including palms of all things. (Hmm, I guess they're encouraged by all the rain.) Along the winding drive to the Renvyle House this morning, maple leaves are falling, twirling to the ground.
I call the scenery eye candy. Rock walls are all over, probably made out of neccessity to clear a pasture. We spy more and more sheep, cows and Connemara ponies. I collected some sheep's wool that got caught on a bush. So soft! It gets put into a little bag to take home and fondle on occasion. I'm starting to realize why I've always had a love for rock walls and fiddle music. It's the Irish in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment