Hello to new viewers!

Not sure what's going on with this site, but just imagine that I put spaces between paragraphs and inserted photos. Blogger wouldn't let me. Maybe they will later?

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Butterfly, Oh Flutter By!

Oh Butterfly, thank you for choosing our yard as your own!
I look to the sky on any day, and I see you.
Even when I look down, your shadow floats by
My heart melts at the sight, endearing my closeness to you.

I watch you flutter around the edge of the property like a sentry guarding the perimeter.
Then you pose on a chair till I say, "Look at that there!"...
...but not long enough to snap a picture.

Once more around the yard, and then you tease me,
pausing on a branch of a bush that I'm pruning.
Your yellows and black show off the blue spot on each wing,
like a jewel encased in a setting.

As you sit on the branch, your wings pump slightly for balance,
about to take off again, I'm betting.

Oh sweet Butterfly, do your dance. Flutter by. Fly for me.
Guard our yard if you think you must, from those tiny intruders.
Little moths give you chase,
then you fly like an ace, protecting us from the marauders.



As I sit in my chair, I imagine one day that you'll come to land on my finger.
I'll be patient, and quiet.
I am kind. I can wait.
I have time for you to come sit on my finger...and linger.

No comments:

Post a Comment